vermont technology council
How to proceed from here:
- Develop one or more job descriptions for summer internships using the online form as your guide. Secure the support within your company for the opportunities. The work can be part of the day-to-day operations of the business, or in the form of a special project. The hours per week, duration, and pay for the internships are up to each employer.
- Submit your posting(s) using the on-line submission form (see above).
- This program is designed to serve any technology-enabled business. The internships themselves should support the various needs of each company and can involve most disciplines. Call with any questions.
- The Technology Council will distribute widely each opening to students in state and out, through colleges and universities, on the Council's website and directly to students. Candidates apply directly to the business. All screening and hiring is done by the business.
- Participating businesses are under no obligation to hire if a good candidate does not emerge or if the company's circumstances change.
- Call Beth Hill with any questions - or for help in brainstorming good ideas. She and others with the Technology Council can support you in this whole process. Contact Information: (802) 656-8780 or via email
Qualities of a good internship
- The posted openings attract the right talent for the work
- The business has thought through the supervision and mentoring of the students
- The students give real value to the employer
- The students gain important work experience and return to school sharing valuable information with their peers and professors.